The tracking SDK includes two main actions:
- nuviad.storeClick() - stores the click_id in the users browser for future usage upon conversion
- nuviad.makePostback() - reports a conversion to the NUVIAD tracking system
Common use case and flow
The most common flow is as follows:
- User clicks on a banner;
- The banner directs the user to a landing page where the user can register to a service or make a purchase
- After the user has completed the transaction and converted, the user is displayed with a "thank you" page which indicates that the process has been successfully completed.
Using the Tracking SDK
- Include the NUVIAD tracking SDK in the <head> section of your landing page as follows:
invoke the method nuviad.storeClick(); when a user arrives to the page (e.g. in the body onload event).
- When the conversion process is successfully completed (e.g. "thank you" page) invoke the nuviad.makePostback() method to report the conversion to the NUVIAD tracking system.
Notices and Limitations
- Each click_id is stored for a maximum period of 30 days
- If a user arrives from different sources to the same landing page, the first occurrence will receive "ownership" for the conversion.