In occasional circumstances, a campaign might overspend its daily budget. This is likely a case of a very small campaign
This can happen in cases of a very small daily budget or a campaign that targets a large amount of inventory.
This occurs due to a slight delay in the feedback of win notifications on RTB. There are high amount of bids per second which means that for a short time the bidder does not know how much budget has been spent and how much remains, and it may cause the campaign to continue spending.
There are some cases that may lead to a campaign overspending:
- Establishing a very low budget.
- Targeting an RON campaign in GEO's with huge traffic volume like the US.
- Using our `spend as quickly as possible` feature for the budget spread.
To prevent overspend, here are some actions you can take:
- Narrow your targeting using a whitelist or a blacklist.
- Narrow your targeting by targeting a specific city, device, exchange, etc.
- Use our `learning feature` to limit the impressions you'll get from each source.
- Use `evenly across the day` budget spread.